Well I've had a crafty type day, making watercolour backgrounds using DH's watercolours (shhh... don't tell) and the fabby watercolour crayons that Joy got me for my birthday (thanks again hon!)... oh and using Adirondak colour wash sprays (which apparently you should use gloves for, now my hands resemble that of a smurfs despite many washes...), but the main one was making some faux Dichronic glass. The first attempt was awful. I only have the teeny tiny 7gypsies melt pot, so the bigger pieces of glass didn't sit flat on the surface, but still gave it a go... well waited half an hour on the UTEE melting and gave up... then realised that it might work better if I used a smaller piece, so I did and now I have a fabby piece (if I do say so myself) of faux dichronic glass sitting in front of me, which should hopefully be made up into a piece of jewelery if I can figure out how to mount it... I can see Ranger getting some more of my money in the form of a real melt pot... oh and the amazing Opal Embossing powder that I acquired in Australia works brilliant for this, handy that you don't have to mix your own colours of UTEE, which I have yet to fully grasp the correct technique to get a uniform colour...
Have also been working on my big canvas for the house, I think it's nearly there, just know that is needs something else... will go away and come back to it later...
Will post pics later...
~angela~
Thursday, 17 May 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment