Sunday, 14 October 2007

Christmas Bunting.

Here's my latest contribution to IACW.

I have made some Christmas bunting that I would like to share with you.

I made it from 3 different fabrics, 2 Christmas decorative fabrics and gold satin to finish off the back. I cut the fabrics into triangles, using a template I had cut out of paper. I also cut out some Pelmet Vilene triangles to use as a support for the bunting. I sewed 14 triangles, 7 in white and 7 in green to the Pelmet Vilene and then I covered a large piece of cream felt with Versamark ink, and sprinkled gold embossing powder on it.

I then heated this with a heat gun and let the embossing powder melt. I repeated this process twice.

This left a beautiful gold felt :)

I then drew around some Heidi Swapp Ghost Letters onto the embossed felt to read "Merry Christmas" and cut these out. I then cut some gold fibre paper out in squares the same size as the letters and sewed the letters to the bunting.


I used gold cord to join the flags together and sewed these in place, attaching gold satin fabric to the back of the flags.

Finally, I embossed some cream buttons with matching embossing powder and attached these to the cord using ribbon.

~angela~

No comments: