Wednesday, 5 September 2007

Crazy art

I'm in a bit of a crazy mood today...

I had this mask thing that I got cheap out of Asda a while back and I had all these visions of prettying it up... but you know, I can't seem to do pretty all that often... it looked nice when I adhered a gold/cream swirly napkin to it, and then the gold ended up aging and looking all green! So then I realised that the surface was shiney so it would take alcohol inks... a whole big mess ensued and to quote DH it "Looks like freddie Kreuger". It was thrown behind something and banished for all eternity, until I came across it last night while doing yet another much needed tidy up of my craft stuff, again I was subjected to the Freddie jokes. I decided to do something with it, so, covered the whole thing in gesso and adhered it to a canvas board. Once the gesso is dry I'll do something with it. I have a feeling that it is one of those things that will always look evil no matter how hard I try.




Then I dug out Maggie Grey's book and decided to paint some bondaweb to iron onto some dark velvet, so this is the first stage... it might never actually end up on velvet... lol... oh and I threw in some perfect pearls for good measure...




Another thing I found while tidying last night was my lino stamps that I made a while ago and never got round to using - that should actually read "was too confused to use them", all this talk of special lino printing paint which I couldn't actually find in the art shop... and after the serious error of asking another customer who seriously looked like she worked there, and her sniggering at me, I ran off and promptly hid the lino prints in the bottom drawer. I'm in one of those careless moods today, so I just wacked stazon on top and it worked perfectly. ha. no need for expensive hard to find paint. ha. admittedly I need some more practice at the actual carving, but its not bad for a second go (the first attempt being about 15 years ago in school)...




I've also gesso'd over the top of a precious old book, and removed some pages to start working on an altered book. It was very traumatic, I love books so much, it didn't feel right, but its done now, so just got to wait on the gesso drying.

how am I ever going to get anything done if the wee man stops taking his morning nap?

~angela~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

whoa!!!!! you are amazing!!!!!! ooooh bet you will do something with that mask, i like it, reminds me of mardi gras :0)

Mandy said...

Eh yep I think it still looks evil lol!!! I wouldn't be surprised to see it looking like chucky.

Love those lino prints, good work that woman xox

Anonymous said...

me again :0)
aw thanks for the comment on IACW, don't think things showed up well but i did appreciate your comment. hope you have a fabby weekend xxxx