I turned the sketch on it's side, and thought that it looked like a wall hanging, the title section reminded me of a bar holding a semi circle of fabric, and the journalling strips with the photgraph areas attached looked like pendants hanging down.
I've been trying to de-clutter the house, so when I came across some extra gifts that we brought back from Hong Kong that we didn't give to anyone (tissue box holders made out of asian fabric - ok i admit I bought them for the fabric :D) I decided that these would be perfect for this design.
The photos aren't great, I think its because of the gold design, the fash kept bouncing off it, and no flash makes it look a lot duller than it really is.
Anyway enough of my blethering... here's some pics:

Detail:


I used a bamboo cane for the dowel at the top, made the main hanging from the asian fabric, the gold fabric was a cheapy off-cut that I found in a charity shop, the pendants are made from copper wire and various beads, also made 3 fabric beads. Mixture of hand and sewing machine stitching. The pendants are each finished off with a chinese coin charm.
I may add some more to it, but I'm worried about overworking it.
~angela~

1 comment:
angela this is absolutely phenomenal....... do you mind sharing it with APL for the readers' gallery...it is truly amazing....
Post a Comment