Thursday, 7 June 2007

Catching Up

Just catching up with a few things that I have done over the last couple of days.

First, I gave the UTEE "ice cubes" a go... the technique calls for having a flexible ice cube tray, but I threw mine out during the big move, never thought I would use them! So just used an ordinary ice cube tray rubbed over with glycerine to help them release better... it worked well :)





Instead of using sea glass in them, I dropped in some tiny stones some microbeads and some watch parts. Large bubbles appeared in one, and I quite like that, so didn't bother trying to remove them.

Next, a canvas that I did a while ago and never got round to uploading... on the theme of Traveling and Escape... The background was masking tape, then stazon sponged on in yellow and red. This was then overstamped with a large travel stamp that DH got me for my birthday from the Stamp Trap in Brisbane :wub: (I could have easily lived in that place!). Once that was dry, I rubbed over the whole canvas with gold interference paint. Then applied UTEE to the corner and triple embossed, then stamped into it and sprinkled some microbeads. I also embedded a tiny plane embellishment. Stamped the Word Escape, Journey and the image of the plane.



After talking to some of the girls on UKS's altered angels thread, I decided to give the fabric paper another go, this time using the technique out of Cloth Paper Scissors, which is slightly different to Beryl Taylor's. It worked a lot better and is much more stable, though I am not sure if this is due to the fact that I used regular PVA instead of diluting it.





Finally, I couldn't sleep last night, so played at making paper beads and made a template that makes the beads the size that I will use.


... a good way of using up those paper scraps :)

~angela~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow you've done loads!!!! i've done some beads, too :0)
paper looks amazing..... and thje ice cubes - very cool!!!!!! really love the little stones in them. :0)
and well... your canvases rock!