
Its nowhere near as lovely as the one on the tutorial, but another excuse to try out the sewing machine... I'm getting there :)
It's amazing how much I have learnt to use any free time to my advantage, the minute the wee man goes for a sleep I'm off making things, lol... something that would have taken an age to do before only takes a short time, and I think about it a lot less, so I'm not overanalysing, which can only be a good thing...
This morning I tried out a few things with Tyvek, I had painted some with watercolour paints yesterday, so this morning I heated them with the heat gun... the shrunk down to about 1/8 of the original size and one of them developed holes in it, the other just became "pitted". Now that they are dry they are a lot harder than I had imagined that they would be, but I suppose that makes sense.


I also made some tyvek paper a la Beryl Taylor

Next I had saw on a forum that you could use the Adirondak Paint daubers in various ways and tried out this technique that Tim Holtz is teaching in his classes now.

Finally I fired up the melt pot again and mixed a load of colours together, poured them out onto the heat resistant sheet and placed a heart shaped cookie cutter in it... I love the results... :)

~angela~

1 comment:
well done!!! you conquered the sewing machine!!! how did you do the dauber thing (v cool)!
fab tyvek and tvek paper - but that comes in useful in another project :0)
and i love hearts....
Post a Comment