Saturday, 2 June 2007

Melting, heating and stitching things...

I've been busy playing with my new melting pot :) It's brilliant, and the best way to use the stunning opal UTEE that I got in Australia.

First here is the faux Dichroic glass









Then tried melting UTEE into bottle tops and then stamping in it with a small pram stamp. When I started the experiment the pram stamp was a wood mounted one, by the end it was unmounted... ooops, seems the heat melted the adhesive...


I also made some pendants, and punched the holes using my lovely crop-a-dile...


Close up of the colours






Here's a sneaky peek of what I am sewing... its taking me ages... never realised that you would have to do so much ironing and hand sewing, lol... but I'm sure its just because I am a beginner and because I can only sew at night time when the wee man is in bed.



And finally tried the tortured felt technique that Joy used on her hearts for one of her DT posts... mine didn't work so well, the felt just curled up and burned a little at the edges... the first star is untouched, the second has UTEE sprinkled on it and the third is my miserable attempt at burning the felt.

Sigh...
back to the drawing board...
~angela~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOWWWWWWW brilliant glass and the bottle cam pram is sooooo coool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!