Friday, 17 August 2007

Last tyvek post... I promise...

hehe... ok, more tyvek playing, but I promise this is the last... I'm begining to feel a bit intoxicated from the fumes!!!

So today I painted 3 pages of tyvek - 2 with just ordinary fluid acrylics and the other with a 7gypsies Colour Wash.

Then cut them to size and experimented with stamps. I placed the rubber stamp down on the wood block side, then placed the tyvek on top (I found that painted side down worked best) then a piece of non-stick paper, and a warm iron set on top for a few seconds, remove iron and non stick paper and peel the tyvek off the stamp.

Here was my results:



A closer look at those, first the acrylic paint:


another acrylic paint



And finally thbe colour wash:



The painted ones worked the best, the colour washed tyvek tended to fall apart easily - but I am not sure if this was just coincidence.

They look lovely and lacey, plus acrylic ones seem to be holding together well :)

~angela~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are an altered genius!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!

Digitalgran said...

I love what you have done with your Tyvek Angela. I've been playing with it recently too and I will blog some tonight.