Monday, 27 August 2007

Playing with Paint

We've had a wonderful messy day... I've been wanting to get Daniel to paint a piece of 12x12 bazzill for a while now so that I can use it to scrap his messy paint days - today we finally got around to it, much to the dismay of his daddy who never usually sees the during and aftermath of such events... hehe...

So here's some of the wee man's work - entirely all his own work, using brushes, spongers, and of course his universal applicators (his hands to those none arty people)...








...and the work in progress...







On another note, I've finished up one of the canvases, I did an image transfer of a photo of Daniel, using gel medium... as per Joy's suggestion to use a brayer (thanks hon!) and it came out amazing! First time a gel medium transfer has worked for me...



I then softened the edges a bit more with gold and red metallic wax rub ons... I then stamped some swirls and flourishes around. I think it's done... if I do anymore I might ruin it.



I'm going to leave the blue canvas as it is... I don't think it needs anything, I love the textures on it. I'm working on two more... I have the bases made, now need to paint it, but I will leave it until later tonight.

~angela~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg this is brilliant! i haven't even let calum do that yet... i should... briliant, fabulous pictures!!! and gorgeous canvases!

** Paula ** said...

OMG - love how your canvas turned out! It's stunning hun x

Fab art by Daniel! He is going to take after his arty mum!