Wednesday, 15 August 2007

Melting UTEE

Been playing again :)

Joy's post up on Creative World today is about the image transfer onto sea glass that she did on Saturday. I thought I would give it a go with some photocopies that I had lying around the house, and try to tweak it a bit with some coloured UTEE!

The key to this technique is to move quickly, or else your fairy will look like this:




lol... the colours worked out great, but as you see, the image broke up and started to slide off the glass :oops!:

this one worked out ok, but you can't see the coloured EP on it so well:



Here is what happens when you throw tyvek in to the melt pot:


yeah, it disappears.

This is the tile I have been throwing random UTEE on, don't know what I'll end up doing with it, but sure it's worth a go...



This is some paint layered thickly on tyvek, and then a stick run through to make the texture:



Close up:



I've been dying stuff too :)





~angela~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oooh i love the seaglass!!!!!!!!!! (oops poor fairy!!!) and very cool experiments with the tyvek!

LOL you would not believe the number of people who saw the playday post who are now buying melting pots.....