The tyvek I had painted yesterday with the lines run through it, got run through the sewing machine a few times, that was fun, and it looked like this:


and then wacked with the heat gun this morning, so it now resembles an elderly prune's skin... not loving this...

Maggie Grey inspired me to stitch some tyvek onto fabric (though she used some fancy pants tyvek like fabric, which I don't have and can't afford)... first I painted it with Adirondack's Cranberry Paint dauber (though more poured than daubed to be honest!) and then while it was still wet sprinkled sparkly embossing powder on top (Stewart Gill and Blonde Moments), and some of the Daler-Rowney Interference paint medium in red dabbed around it.
Then I cut the tyvek in half and sewed one half to the red/pink silk that I dyed yesterday, using random stitch (oh how I wish I could accomplish free motion stitching, but alas, this was all with the foot down and the dropdog thingymajig up)...

then zapped it with the heat gun to make it look like this:


and now its all ready to be sewn into my fabric journal :)
I used the remaining Tyvek to make beads :) I love them very much, especially when they are heated :)


and 2 photos taken of Daniel by my brother last week:


cheeky monkey...
~angela~

3 comments:
oh wow!!!!!!!!!1 i so NEED another messy play day with you!!! REALLy love the last purple one and the beads :0) :0) :0) gorgeous. and what a sweet wee man - where is he hiding?
Lovely creations Angela!
Love the photos of Daniel!
I love those too. It took me a long time to start enjoying FME, but now I just love it. I used to do exactly what you are doing. I used to loosen the pressure so I could shift it around easily and it did work, but not exactly right. My problem was thinking the stitching had to be perfect and even. Once I realised it didn't, I relaxed and enjoy it a lot now.
Post a Comment